When it comes to protecting your home and your investment in a new roof, understanding roofing warranties is crucial. Beaulieu Home Improvement knows that a roofing warranty can give you peace of mind and assurance that your roof will stand the test of time. In this blog, we'll delve into the ins and outs of roofing warranties and what you need to know to make an informed decision when it's time to invest in a new roof.
Types of Roofing Warranties
Roofing warranties come in different types, and it's essential to understand what each one covers. Here are the most common types of roofing warranties:
- Manufacturer's Warranty: This warranty is provided by the manufacturer of the roofing materials. It typically covers defects in the roofing materials themselves, such as shingles or underlayment. Manufacturer's warranties can vary in length and coverage, so it's essential to read the fine print. Most roofing manufacturer's standard warranty covers the first 10 years 100% against manufacturer defects then tapers down or pro rates for the following 40 years for a total of 50 years coverage.
- Workmanship Warranty: Workmanship warranties are offered by the roofing contractor. They cover the installation of the roof and ensure that the work is done correctly. Beaulieu Home Improvement takes pride in offering a 5 year workmanship warranty, as it reflects our commitment to quality craftsmanship.
- Extended Warranty: Some roofing manufacturers offer extended warranties that go beyond the standard coverage. These extended warranties may include additional protection against specific issues like weather-related damage. Remove the red section and replace it with the following: These extended warranties will often offer 100% coverage against manufacturer defects for 20, 30, 40, or even 50 years without prorating or tapering down. It is important to note that most roofing manufacturers will not transfer the extended warranty when the homeowner sells their house, at that time they will revert back to a standard warranty. While some others will allow you to transfer the extended warranty.
Reading the Fine Print
Before you choose a roofing warranty, it's crucial to read and understand the fine print. Here are some important details to look for:
- Length of Coverage: Determine how long the warranty will protect your roof. Some warranties may last for 10, 20, or even 30 years.
- Coverage Limitations: Understand what is covered and what is not. Some warranties may exclude certain causes of damage, such as extreme weather conditions or accidents.
- Transferability: Find out if the warranty is transferable if you decide to sell your home. A transferable warranty can be an attractive selling point.
- Maintenance Requirements: Some warranties may require regular roof inspections or maintenance to remain valid. Be sure to understand and fulfill these requirements.
Choosing the Right Warranty
When it comes to selecting the right roofing warranty for your home, here are some tips:
- Work with a Reputable Contractor: Choose a trusted roofing contractor like Beaulieu Home Improvement. A reputable contractor will stand by their work and offer a strong workmanship warranty.
- Assess Your Budget: Take your budget into account. While extended warranties offer additional protection, they may come at a higher cost.
- Read Reviews: Research customer reviews and testimonials to get an idea of how well the roofing materials and warranties have performed for others.
Roofing warranties play a crucial role in ensuring the longevity and reliability of your new roof. Beaulieu Home Improvement is committed to providing high-quality roofing services and offering warranties that give homeowners confidence in their investment.
When you choose Beaulieu Home Improvement for your roofing needs, you can trust that we'll explain your warranty options, help you select the best one for your home, and provide top-notch workmanship to ensure your roof stands the test of time. We understand that a roof is a significant investment, and our goal is to protect your home and your peace of mind.
If you have any questions about roofing warranties or need assistance with your roofing project, feel free to contact Beaulieu Home Improvement. We're here to help you make the best decision for your home and your family's safety.